Monday, February 28, 2011

Amarillo, TX

Traveling on I40 West, outside Amarillo, we stopped at Cadillac Ranch on Route 66. I was stoked. There's no gift shop or quaint welcome center, just an unlocked corral gate to gain entrance to the long dirt road on the farmland. It is definitely a ranch, though. I liked the unassuming way this Texan has just opened his homestead for visitors. Artists. Journalists. Families. Gypsies. Photographers. There was a journalist/photographer from Colorado leaving as I was coming through the gate. He was headed east.

Basically, it is just a row of vintage Cadillacs buried halfway down nose first. The fun part is being able to spray paint anything you want on the cars. I had a blast. I enjoyed it as much as the girls. You just can't go west and not hit Cadillac Ranch :)






Fellow travelers, I thank you for leaving behind nearly full paint cans for my enjoyment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment