Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Knee.Deep.In.It.All.

We got it.
The 1983 Pace Arrow is now ours.
Best of all?
It was donated to our non-profit!

After coordinating the arrangements, my family and I left Nashville and picked it up that same afternoon in North Carolina.


Speechless. But only for a minute. There was too much work to get started on.
The craziness began.
Immediately!

There were the parts under the hood that needed replacing right away to make it somewhat dependable to drive. There is the carpet that HAD to come out. And the furniture. And the radiator.The radiator is the thorn in our side right now. Who knew that the one that we need would be so hard to find? Not to mention, expensive? Aahhhh…I am still researching and looking online. I’ll let you know how that all turns out.

For today, and tomorrow, my mom and I are working on sewing curtains for the front windshield. She had some drapes in her house that she didn’t want anymore, so, a few stitches and four hours later, I have new curtains for the front windshield. I can’t wait to get them installed, but that will come after…

The paint.
New furniture.
The new flooring.
The new blinds.
The new kitchen counter.
Cabinet hardware from our sticks and bricks house.

Busy, busy, busy.
And tired.
In a good way.

My family and I are knee-deep in the remodel as we speak.


There's more. My husband got a phone call from a friend in our hometown. He is donating a car for us to tow behind the RV.

We are currently working on finishing the remodel, getting the tow dolly and tow car and taking everything back to Tennessee before we leave for Michigan mid-July!

All this within a two week period has made my head spin.

Here's a sneak peek at a before picture. This is what we're working with.





Stay tuned for after pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the updates you worked so hard on! =0)

    Hope all is well.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete